Friday 8 November 2013

Banana Loaf Crumble

The little girl has been on a banana feeding frenzy since last week. So last Monday, I bought a bunch for her to snack on during the week. But she just didn't want to eat them after a few bites. So I had some leftovers and thought of making my first banana loaf. The husband doesn't eat banana (please don't ask me why) so I guess it'll just be me and the little girl finishing this off!

I tried looking for a recipe that has yogurt. I dunno why but I just wanted to incorporate some vanilla yogurt into the loaf :P Until I got to an article in Huffington Post. Of all places, huh?

I tried tweaking the recipe a bit - added chocolate chips and crumble on top.

Ingredients:

  • 2 pcs eggs
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1/3 cup yogurt
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas
  • 2/3 cup chocolate chips
Crumble (optional):

  • 1/3 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup corn flakes (the plain ones, not sweet)
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 180 Celsius. Grease loaf tin and set aside.

2. In a bowl, combine the eggs, oil, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla. 

3. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and stir to just incorporate; be careful not to over-mix. Fold in mashed bananas and floured chocolate chips. Pour into greased loaf tin.

4. Mix all ingredients for crumble and sprinkle on top of banana loaf.  Bake for about 30-45 minutes or until top if golden. Check by inserting a toothpick in the center and comes out clean.

5. Let loaf cool before serving. Slice and serve with a cup of tea or coffee.

6 comments:

  1. I will certainly try this, putting this under favorites. Hopefully it comes out great like yours did. Thanks for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice will definitely try this one dits! My go to recipe is the Banana loaf by Hearts of Mary blog she uses buttermilk naman. I am curious to bake this with the crumble. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tin , ang Huff post taste popular site gid lang na esp sa mga food bloggers ?! :D Bag-o ka lang to ya napadpad haw lol .... Love the use of yogurt and oil in cakes , nicey sang texture even eating it straight from the fridge . Fave gali ni Miss Dree ang yogurt 'no :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have classmate before naman na banana lang kinakain na fruit. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks very good! I like banana cakes that are moist :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like banana cakes too:) you are very creative when it comes to cooking and baking:)

    ReplyDelete