What else to do with cottage cheese other than put it on a sandwich? Hmm... Biscuits!
I have my new cast iron skillet so let's try using it, shall we? :)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- a heaping of shredded tasty cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Prepare (seasoned) iron skillet.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the cottage cheese and the milk, stir with a wooden spoon until dough forms.
3. Knead a few times, just until dough is smooth. It will be a bit sticky but be careful not to over-knead it.
4. You can use a rolling pin and sprinkle flour over the dough to roll it out and cut into rounds using a cutter. As for me, I just dumped little mounds into the skillet to make the biscuits look rustic. CHOZ! :))
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown.