For a healthy option for dinner or packed lunch, one can make this meatloaf a day ahead to have one day less to worry during the work week.
|chopped fresh button mushrooms|
|cubed red bell peppers|
|250 grams of lean meat (chicken or pork)|
- 250 grams ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium sized bell pepper, cubed
- 1 cup fresh button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped (omitted)
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- rosemary, thyme and parsley
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp mustard
- In a bowl, mix ground pork, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions (optional), eggs, bread crumbs and shredded carrots. Season with garlic powder, mustard, salt and pepper. Optional seasoning with rosemary, thyme and parsley.
- Separate the mixture into two equal parts. Form each into a roll and cover with foil.
- Steam for 45 minutes. Let it cool for 15-20 minutes. Cut into 1" slices.
- Pan fry each side for about 8 minutes or until it turns brown. Serve with rice or mashed potato.
|For dinner or lunch bag|