Thursday 22 March 2012

Balboa - Pizza, Pasta, Ice Cream


Balboa - pizza, pasta and ice cream
Last night, I was able to squeeze in a couple of hours of girl bonding with my Bacolod girl friends. A lot has happened over a year and we were so busy with the "updates" that we forgot to move to another place for dessert. Sad. I was looking forward to tasting another Calea treat. But I guess it was a blessing in disguise. I probably won't fit into my pants by the time our holiday is over! haha

Anyway, we decided to go to Balboa. It's located in a hang out place in Bacolod, the Piazza Sorrento. When you reach the place, you would hear the loud music and busy people enjoying a hearty meal or just chilling out with a cold beer. 

When I got to see their menu, I was pleased that the prices are affordable. Like the angus burger, it was just Php 149! The 12 inch pizza was just between Php 200-260. The food was great and staff were attentive. I guess it was a good thing that we dined on a weekday night, less crowd. :) I guess that makes me old, appreciating peaceful surrounding while dining. hek hek!

I had to make it large to make it readable :)

Look at how the prices are so pocket friendly!
I love the 3 cheese pizza. The crust was thin and crispy. The combination of the mozzarella, parmesan and the mild goat cheese was really good, not over powering nor bland. It was just the right taste for a cheese lover like me. :) I have been craving for this kind of pizza since last year!

Three cheese pizza - Php 189
The angus burger was the order of my friend. She said she and her better half became instant fans the moment they tried this. I wasn't in the mood for any burgers last night so I wasn't able to try this.

Angus Burger - Php 149
The seafood pasta was really tasty. It had shrimps, anchovies and I think there were crab meat included if I'm not mistaken. For me, in Ilonggo, it was too saboroso for my liking. :)

Seafood pasta - Php 159
I like the chicken in a basket! Deep fried goodness in every bite, baby! It's been a while since I've had good gravy paired with chicken and fries. This dish is two thumbs up for me. :)

Chicken in a basket - Php 239
In general, Balboa is a great place to have good food with moderately priced menu. The place is a cozy place to hang out with friends. They serve tasty burgers, pasta and pizza. Too bad I wasn't able to try their famous frozen brazo de mercedes. Will definitely blog about it when I get the chance! :)


Mezzanine Level, Piazza Sorrento
13th - Lacson Streets, Bacolod City, Philippines
Price per person - Php 200-300

3 comments:

  1. Bacolod gels ?! Where are their gorgeous photos then ?! hahahaha I don't want to comment about the food but I just can resist ! :D I would have 2 orders of the seafood pasta so as that chicken hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, bacolod is the place to be for an ultimate food trip. excellent food at affordable prices. panalo!

    ReplyDelete